On my way to Majestic

On my way to Majestic

"I wrote a book", I told once a friend who was an established writer.
"What is it about?", he asked
"About love"
"All the books are about love", was his answer

So this is also a love story. A story from the real life.
It happened in January, when the winter in Berlin was so cold that almost everyone had the wish to escape to the South. Inside me this desire was growing fast. And as we may know, but sometimes forget, the world outside us is a reflection of the world inside us.  My chance came and it had the name Andre on it.
Andre was a friend of mine from California, who has been living for more than 15 years in Paris and running successfully an e-booking hotel company. I received an email from him. He wrote:

"My soul is Bulgarian. It is what brought us together. And what pushes me to claim my destiny in Sofia. Could you please help me to find the right partner?"
"ha ha-Bulgarian soul mate -don’t exaggerate, dude :)I will contact some good people and let you know. If it works, my commission will be a weekend in Barca at a nice place, deal?"

Andre agreed and I did the work. The thoughts became words and the words became act. And as we may know our reality is based on those 3 levels: thought, word and act an d once they become one, we experience things. I gave Andre two good contacts and he promised to take care of a good hotel once I got to Barcelona.I didn’t want to wait for too long, so I took a flight for the coming weekend. I liked Barcelona so much that I dedicated her a little poem during one of my last stays:

Tight streets in a body full of crazy buildings
Boats playing music in the ports
you see parrots flying
over the palm trees instead of crows
And the joy inside you grows
Como te llamas , preciosa?
Barcelona Barcelona

Yes, Barcelona was one of those places where I had the feeling that the joy of life was present all around. People playing music, people smiling and dancing, people sitting together and talking loudly and last but not least the beach and the sun. Yes, the beach and the sun.

"Why are you going to Barcelona?" a German girl has asked me.
"To make sure that the sun still exists"

A beautiful lady from Moscow wrote me that she will be all week long in Barcelona for a conference and she would love to see me during the weekend. I loved this kind of coincidences. To spend a wonderful weekend in a place like Barcelona at a nice hotel with a beautiful Russian lady-what more can I expect from life?

Communication with Andre in the last days before my flight was pretty bad. I couldn't reach him by email or telephone. I sent him an email.

"dude, could you arrange sth or should i take care of it? It is not important to be 5*, but to be a nice place to spend 2 nights. tx and have a good day! "
His answer came one hour later:
"It will most likely be at the Majestic or Murmuri. I had a call scheduled for yesterday, but my guy did not pick up. Will try again today."

Andre was a man of his word and I trusted him. He had an elegant way to express himself and a sharp mind.
I packed my things. I didn't need much stuff for the weekend in Barcelona with a Russian lady. First of all some cash - Russians love shopping and there was an unwritten rule that the man is paying for the girl. Then, some condoms. Russian girls love sex and to spoil the man next to them. And some clothes. Pants and swimming suit -the nice hotels have nice spas. Some years ago I was on the roof of the Majestic swimming and looking over at Barcelona. It was summer, but I was sure they would manage to organize something nice also in the winter.
The plane was full. I met some Bulgarian friends inside,  a couple on their way to Tenerifa, and a chap going to a birthday party in Andorra. A Rumanian girl was sitting next to me.
She told me she had lived 4 years in Barcelona before moving to Berlin, but after 5 months in Berlin she is going back.
"Didn’t you like it in Berlin?"
"Not at all!"
"Where did you stay there?"
"I lived at a big house close to the airport"
"Why so far from life?"
"I lived with my Turkish boyfriend"
"It is always good to move to a new place because of love.."
"For 5 months I didn’t go out even once...I spent the time cleaning and cooking and waiting for my man to come home. After he arrived, he watched for 2 hours the Turkish news and then we had dinner and went to bed"
"Sounds like a schedule without surprises. No wonder you didn’t like Berlin because you didn’t get to know Berlin"

This was for me a kind of modern slavery. Woman cleaning, cooking and waiting for the return of the man. Maybe this was normal in the past and maybe in some places on Earth this is still normal, but in a place like Berlin this was out of order.

Berlin is liberal, free-minded and artistic. Women you can meet there are emancipated and sometimes they even get pissed if you buy them a drink.

Once we landed in Barcelona, I could notice the difference. It was +14C. In Berlin it was -14C. Plus and minus before the same number. Wise people say: the difference between joy and sorrow is the sign in front of the brackets. The sms of Andre arrived:

"The reservation is confirmed in your name. I will pass on the confirmation as soon as I get it. The very best thing about the Murmuri is the location, followed closely by the bartender who makes an incredible Gin and Tonic.  Sit by the front window… watch the people walk by… and enjoy several. Enjoy, SUCKER!"

I could recognize the Bulgarian soul of my friend in the last sentence. I took the train with the lovely Bulgarian couple to Paseo de Gracia.  It was good to share the first moments in Barcelona with people who loved each other, to walk together the streets, to smell the air, to listen to the noise of the city.
It turned out that their flat was not so far from my hotel-so in case I had any trouble I was welcome to be their guest. It was good to have friends.

I felt a bit tired when I went to the reception of Murmuri, The Spanish girl asked me for my name and told me afterwards that she cannot find me. I logged in on the  internet and redirected her the email confirmation from Andre. At this moment I heard a female voice saying:

"Vesooo, is this you?"
I turned in the direction of the voice.
"Laura, what are you doing here?! Laura was a girl from Saragosa. I met her 5-6 years ago during the fashion week in Berlin. I knew that she lives in Barcelona with her boyfriend"
"I am celebrating tonight with my boyfriendthe successful presentation of his Master´s thesis and his starting a new job next week. Come-join us!"
"I will. I just have to check in and then I will join you."

Laura looked as gorgeous as 5 years ago. Long sporty legs, long curly brown hair, wild dark eyes. 5 years ago I tried to date her, but she kept her distance. She told me there is someone in Spain waiting for her and she didn't want to hurt his feelings. This was a beautiful explanation and I respected it. Maybe that´s why she was happy to see me again.

"Sir, you can wait at the Bar until we take care of your reservation, suggested the reception girl of Murmuri."
"Great, I will!"
I went to the bar and I saw them-Laura and her boyfriend sitting close to each other. They didn´t talk but there was so much trust. I could hear so much they were saying to each one with this silence.
"So much time passed and you look the same!" I opened the conversation.
"And your boyfriend looks like the football star of Barcelona Pique"
"Everyone is saying this!" smiled Laura.
"Now you are Shakira"
"Ha ha"
"And how is your life? Did you give to someone your heart?"
"A gipsy heart cannot be given away"
"Don´t you feel like having children?"
"A gipsy woman read my hand and told me that I will have 3 children, but first I should find a good girl for this. My problem is that I get bored very quickly.
"You know what, we have been 4 years living together and we are enjoying it."

It was just me and Laura talking. The Pique looked with a smile at his girl. He had beautiful blue eyes and something friendly in his appearance. I could see his admiration for his girl.
We were having a glass of red wine when the reception girl appeared.

"Sir, it turned out, that your reservation is not here, but at Majestic"
"Lucky gipsy boy!  said Laura-This is definitely the better place.
"This is one of the best places you can stay in Barcelona" -added her boyfriend.

I texted the beautiful Russian to make sure she is coming and walked down to my new home Majestic. A gorgeous old building next to some Gaudi masterpiece.

"Welcome Sir!" A friendly little man open the door.
I went to the reception.
"Good evening! I have a reservation"
-May I have yor name, Sir?
"Sure"
 I gave him my i.d. card.
"We cannot find you in the registration, Sir, but we will take care of you"
"Could you please call the reception of Murmuri- I came from there"
He spoke some Spanish on the phone and said:
"Sir, please excuse me forthe misunderstanding- Would you accept for this inconvenience to get the junior suite?"
"Sure"

My Barcelona weekend was just about to start.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Българка или бразилка?

Wie man an einem kurzen Telefonat erkennen kann, ob man sich in Deutschland oder in Bulgarien befindet

Die Komfortzone